Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Productive and relaxing at the same time

I'm waiting for three loads of laundry (yes, gasp, I finally stopped talking about it and did it) to come out of the dryers. I've straightened up all the stuff I upended when I moved things around for the curio cabinet. My bedroom seems bigger, somehow. I've got some lavender incense burning and am listening to an old tape of Libana's 'A Circle is Cast'. The books have found a place that were on the dining table. The table separating the living and dining areas now contains my CD player, my library books, a few magazines I'm wanting to look at soon, and my backpack. In essence, it has become my 'landing area' when I come home so I'm not piling up my loveseat. So I've done pretty well tonight.

I came home an hour early, which helped, too. I was an hour ahead on my time at work, and I had planned on going to the blood centre, but it was awfully hot and humid and I'd have to walk part of the way, because the Woodhill bus only goes so far, so I decided to put that off until next week, when the humidity is supposed to be lower. My neck has been really bothering me towards the end of the day the last few days, and I haven't taken anything for it because I was planning on giving blood and just had naproxen and ibuprofen, and it's best if you don't take those before donating, because it affects who can have the blood and they have to mark it specially. I lucked out as a co-worker gave me a ride home, and the first thing I did when I got home was take the ibuprofen I had at home. And yes, I laid down for a bit, waking refreshed and without pain, and that is why I've been doing better. The ibuprofen is starting to wear off now, but I've gotten a lot done in the meantime.

No comments: