Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I am sorry, I'm terribly behind on my writing

Tuesday I went to the ophthalmologist and had a field of vision and pressure check. As far as the former goes, I'd rather have a blood stick than that, to be honest, but it came out fine. The pressure is still holding the same as last time, a bit high but not so high that I have to have eye drops or anything. And so, it turned out pretty well. I was really busy at work and came home and did some stuff around the house but basically petered out before I could really sit down and write. But then I wound up talking on the phone for in the wee hours of the morning for over two hours.

Fortunately I was able to sleep in a bit the next day, though, as I had taken off work to celebrate a birthday with friends. I got up, went to the bank, grabbed a couple of egg and cheese biscuits, and headed to their house. We went to Masala, the Indian restaurant over by Fayette Mall, which was very good and priced very reasonably. As far as taste I thought it much better than what I had at Tandoor a few weeks ago. The mirrors were a little disconcerting; it was like being in a hall of them, and difficult to determine reflection from reality. But the food was good, the service was attentive, and it was nice to visit and have a meal and conversation. Afterwards we went to the mall to catch the bus back, and did a little shopping along the way. We went back to their house and I visited and helped make two derby pies. I got home a little after 11. I didn't get to sleep though, till about 1 am. So I'm tired tonight and seriously considering a nap, although that laundry is not getting any done on its own, and I wound up wearing velvet pants in 90-degree heat. It wasn't so bad this morning, but I'm thankful I got a ride this afternoon.

Now I'm home; I've watered my purple pepper plant, eaten a little, and like I said, the bed calls to me.

I'm still playing catch-up at work, and I hope I can get everything together tomorrow, as I am off Tuesday, making for a four-day weekend. :) Here are a few things I want to get done at home between now and Wednesday:

  1. Do the laundry, of course
  2. Take my aquarium hood to Animal House, a pet store, where they're going to check my starter and ballast, both of which are cheaper to replace than the whole assembly. [Had to put that off till later; they were closed on Tuesday when I was going to go.]
  3. Work on those CDs I pulled out the other day and put them in some semblance of order
  4. Straighten up just a bit in the living and dining areas
  5. Take out the trash and recyclables
  6. Check to see if Brenda has any conflicts due to the holiday with playing the game
  7. Do the game notes regardless
  8. Game
  9. Start back with yoga
  10. Watch a DVD I have out, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
  11. Get some information about some jobs at work to one of the people I talk to on the bus
  12. Watch the premiere of series 7 of Doctor Who
  13. Get some of my library books read

That's all I can think of for now. I think it's doable. :) Okay, I really am going to go take that nap, but set different alarms to make sure I don't sleep through the rooster one on my phone.

No comments: