Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 04, 2012

This is an extremely well done short film from Australia

When I was an awkward high school student going through my parents' painful divorce, there was a boy in school named Jeff Gregory who called me 'Orez', which is 'Zero' spelled backwards. It was very painful at the time, and it took me awhile to realise he probably had his own issues and was just taking it out on me. I'm sure he's gotten a little more mature and hopefully caring since then. :) This is for him and for all those other people who have bolstered their own sense of worth at the expense of others they deem the bottom of the pecking order--and for those who think their lowly status will never change, and may time bring them love.



Thanks to YKWIA who understood, and who showed me this video today. For more on the film, including ways to get your own copy, check out http://www.zeroshortfilm.com/. You can also like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter.

No comments: