Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I got to sleep in today

Because I had a doctor's appointment later than I go to work but not late enough that there was any reason to go in to work and then leave, especially with the time it takes on the bus. I'm at the appointment right now. I've been weighed, my vitals taken, and now I am in a room waiting for the doctor, which given that he's the only one in the practice could take awhile, but it's an early appointment, so hopefully not.

I am sorry I didn't write yesterday. I'm afraid I just got too tired by nine, so I set Grimm to record and went on to bed. It had been a long weekend, after all, even without the game.

I started my workweek out getting pooped on by a bird. No less than three people have told me this is supposed to be good luck. The good thing was that it was not on my head or clothing. I wiped it off my arm with grass and then washed my arm thoroughly when I got to work.

After that the day improved greatly. I got a lot of things accomplished. The weather was pleasant. I got a ride from work to the bank, ate at Texas Roadhouse (I've been craving salmon), and then stopped by the Eagle Creek library, which had reopened after two weeks of renovations (which seemed to involve shelving, mostly). I had felt really well all day, but as the rain approached, I started aching.  I also spoke with a friend on the phone for awhile. Then I set the recorder and went to bed, taking some naproxen.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll write later today. Have a great day! :-)

No comments: