Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Taking a break with tomatoes and ice water

I have uncovered my dresser and the chest-of-drawers, dusted everything, put away the laundry, put the dirty laundry in the hamper, and thrown away quite a bit. One thing that made me a little sad is I found some boxes of cards. One was from the work of Michelangelo. The other was of orchids. Both were from Bobby McQueen, who loved orchids and grew them quite well. He died at the end of June, and I find that even though we were not close, I find little things that remind me of him, like this.

I also washed the hand-wash dishes and put the clean ones away. I just noticed there's some water in the bottom of my dishwasher. I tried to clean the filter but to no avail. I guess I'll be calling maintenance this Monday. I also ran the garbage disposal to see if that was the problem, but there was no change.

I've filled the ice trays up so I'll have plenty of that. I cleaned the refrigerator out earlier when I took the garbage out. So I've been pretty productive. I've also gone through some old tapes I have.

It's a little too late for a movie, I think, but I'm listening to Pandora, a channel built around Loreena McKennitt, and that's pretty soothing. There's some incense burning (lavender) and the windows are still open. It's a little stuffier without the air conditioning on, but I'm taking advantage of the beautiful temperatures.

Also, I picked my first pepper off my plant. It's not huge, but it hasn't changed size since I got the plant, so I went ahead and got it. There's another that's already half that size. The plan is to have that with squash, zucchini, onions, and tomatoes tomorrow. I don't feel like really eating dinner tonight; I'm still okay from the Indian buffet earlier.

Okay, I think I'm going to call a friend and make sure we're not playing the game tomorrow and then curl up with a book (or a Kindle) for awhile.

No comments: