Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sorry for the crypticness

Today I found out that my job will most likely end in three years (or so). It's not unexpected. It's not even entirely 100% final. It's a great amount of notice, and they've tried to make things as easy as possible for those affected. But it's still a little sad. I've been in my job for fifteen years. It was my first (and only) professional position, one that gave me a lot of freedom and made me responsible for about every task a librarian might be expected to do. I like it, and it's been very comfortable in some ways. But in a way, this is freeing. It gives me more impetus to seek out new opportunities, and in some ways might be better in the long run.

So, I'm officially looking for new possibilities. If you see any jobs in the Lexington, Kentucky area that you think might fit well with my skills and personality, drop me a line. And be sure to check out my résumé as well.

No comments: