Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

As you can see, I'm back

I got my Internet back on, thankfully. And there was water on when I got home, too (I don't pay for my water separately, but there was work being done at my complex today, tomorrow, and Friday, that necessitated turning the water off sometime between 8 am and 5 pm. Needless to say, I got up early so I could take a shower.)

It was a good day. I'm not on the new medication yet, but my feet are feeling a little better. I've been much better on my eating, and we celebrated two birthdays today and I passed on both coconut cream pie (something I really like) and a chocolate cake. I did taste the barest bit of coconut--minus the cream, but that was it. I have an application on my phone that tracks things, and although I normally weigh myself on a weekly basis, I thought I'd try daily just to see how it went up and down. From Monday to Tuesday I gained 1 pound. From Tuesday to Wednesday I lost three. This is what I do, see-saw within about ten pounds easily, due to water weight, I'm sure, at least in part. When people say, 'oh, I lost five pounds', I have to remember that not everyone loses weight the same. I consider it a success if I lose 10-15 lbs. But I think I'll continue tracking it daily for awhile.

Okay, I'm awake, and I really need to straighten things up around here. I'll try to blog later, but otherwise have a good night.

No comments: