Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 20, 2012

An enormous shelf cloud is moving

from east to west, revealing not only the sun, but the smallest sliver of a crescent moon rising in the east, which reminded me that it's almost lunar new year/Chinese new year, the year of the Male Black Dragon or Water Dragon.

Incidentally, I don't know much about Chinese astrology, but I am a Red Fire Sheep (or sometimes it's Goat), which is interesting because I am also an Aries, which is the sign of the ram in Western astrology. So I guess I'm a double sheep. Although they have some of the same correspondences (colour, ruling planet, etc., at least when the Fire part is factored in), the description of the Sheep is different for each system. Here is one of the Chinese Sheep horoscope, whereas Aries is described here. Maybe I'm a blend.:)

No comments: