Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Came across some songs I hadn't heard in awhile

and one of them on a compilation CD of music that was meant to sort of tell my life story was Faith Hill's 'Someone Else's Dream'. So, I wasn't a pageant queen, but a lot of this song could have been my life--I was a daddy's little girl, or so everyone told me. They lied. But I grew up believing it. And my mother and I were entirely too close in some ways, distant in others. I was married and divorced by 25. So it sort of resonated with me when it came out five years after my divorce. I hadn't heard it in years, but it brought up a lot of feelings, anyway.



I also came across a CD I called 'Love at It's Sappiest', which included the following song, which, frankly, awakes the romantic me in a big way:



It's particularly nice in Spanish, incidentally.

No comments: