Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sorry it's been awhile

Saturday was a 10-hour workday, plus notes to do; I managed to fall out of a chair onto a concrete floor for a big ouchy. I leaned over to pick up a fallen quarter and the thing rolled right out from under me. I am such a klutz.

Sunday was the game, where we're starting a new campaign in sunny Tonga. ('Campaign' is a word players in Call of Cthulhu dread. It means an intensive adventure, often spanning several chapters and locales. The Antarctic adventure of which I've written was the Campaign from Hell, a full inch or more in terms of book width. This one is much smaller, but that doesn't mean it's less sinister.)

Monday--well, I don't remember much of Monday. I know I felt very lethargic through most of the day and ate peanut butter and spreadable fruit sandwiches and then macaroni and cheese in the evening. Of course there was Heroes! (Yay, and a good episode!) YKWIA and I also worked on a project to do with the game, read more of Lumley (one chapter and an epilogue to go!) and I did some stuff around his house. By the time I got home I really just wanted to go on to bed.

I meant to get up early this morning and blog but failed and was just about to rise at 9:30 when the doorbell rang. I struggled into some clothes and let in the maintenance man who had come to (yet again attempt to) fix the leak in my tub faucet. Apparently they had a new washer to try. This meant that I didn't get a chance to shower (although I did manage to brush my teeth in the kitchen.) Of course, I could have asked him to come back in half an hour, but I didn't.

Today they had a free steak dinner at work for the employees. Of course, I didn't have the steak, or the green beans (which had ham), but there was salad, baked potatoes, and blackberry cobbler to be had. In the (long) line to get in, my mom called. Being a tad bit psychic she called to check up on me on the very day I was going to call her to help with a situation I'm in (I need to borrow some money for my rent). So I stepped out of line and went back to the library to talk with her (and my grandmother), and then went back and got some lunch.

I worked at the store tonight and it went smoothly. I really like the substitute manager who's filling in for my boss, who is finally on vacation. I'm working Monday--no Heroes! :(--but I'm hoping that I'll be off on Thanksgiving so I can go to Danville and visit my family.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to go on to bed, I think, with hopes once again to get up a little earlier, maybe do some yoga. I need to do a few dishes, although I've been faithfully making the bed. And I have clean laundry to fold as well.

Good night.

No comments: