Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A good day

I just got home after driving with the radio turned up and singing to Three Days Grace's 'Never Too Late' and Daughtry's 'What About Now?', two of my favourite songs on the radio these days. Today I got 1) finished the notes early this morning, 2) got a friend from work at 7 am, 3) got all my pre-game activities finished in time, 4) had to go home to get the digital recorder because I forgot it, 5) played in the game, 6) read some Lumley, and 7) worked on some pesky tables in Microsoft Word that are giving me fits. So, it's been pretty productive.

I'm enjoying the game even though we don't really know what's going on in this campaign as of yet. We have pieces of the puzzle, but haven't come to any real conclusions yet. We'll see. In them meantime, I've learnt much more about Tonga than I ever knew (of course, I thought at first that it was in Africa, so that shows how much I knew. It's in the South Pacific). There were just three of us at the game today; one of the women is sick, and the two players were a little brain dead (that includes me). The gamemaster is, of course, never brain dead, which is frustrating, because he's always several steps ahead of us. But that's what makes a good gamemaster, so I can't really complain.

Anyway, it's been a lovely day although it's been cold and rainy most of the day. Tomorrow there's a chance of snow. I'm going on to bed; I have to pick up a friend who got called into work about 3:30 am. At least I'm not on the verge of collapsing like I normally am on Sundays. I did stay up and do notes yet again, but I got rest in the evening and early morning, getting up about 2 am to start work and getting an hours' rest from 3:30-4:30 am, then finishing by 6 am. I really need to start spacing this out during the week. Today was a fairly short session, though, so it shouldn't take long, which is good because I'm supposed to be working on the old stories as well.

Well, good night.

No comments: