Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Whew!

I usually balance my bank account every two days or so, and I do debits rather than cheques for the most part (it's taken me three years and a half years, but I'm finally on my second-to-last book from the box I opened my account with, to give you an idea of how many cheques I write. Most are to the bank for money orders or to withdraw funds.) That usually works, but with getting paid I had several payments to make plus gas and food, and had not balanced my account when I went to Kroger for a second run and wound up spending about $10 more than I expected). It occurred to me later than I had not done a proper session of balancing, and I realised I'd cut it close. So I sat down during my lunch at work yesterday and did it, then realised that I wasn't sure if I had the right starting balance. I really needed to do it with the computer. I just checked, and although one debit is still out, but everything else is accounted for. That leaves me slightly over $5 when the other debit comes out. Yay. I get paid on Wednesday. I can't spend much, though, over the next two weeks because I'm trying to make my rent and there will be late fees. But next month my pay days align well and I should be on time and that will gvie me a chance to catch up and hopefully not be late for the rest of the lease. That's assuming my cleaning the house meets their standards, of course.

I know, my life is a mess. This is why I am in therapy, on medication, and trying to change my life. Of course, as Yoda would say, there is no try, only do.

No comments: