Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Get ready, set, go!

My voting precinct is small and includes mostly just my apartments and some townhomes, a population that doesn't NORMALLY vote. Of course, this is no normal election. So, just in case I get trapped in line:

1) Bathroom (check)
2) Comfortable shoes (check)
3) Taken medicine (check)
4) Eaten something (check)

Can't really get any caffeine (although Starbucks is apparently giving out cofee to those who have voted, in a possible legal violation). [Check out Krispy Kreme and Ben & Jerry's for general election day freebies as well]. :)

But otherwise I think I'm ready to hit the voting machine.

Oh, and it was so sad that Obama's grandmother died so soon before the election. I wish she'd been able to see the outcome, whatever it may be.

Whatever else you do today, and however you do it, be sure to VOTE! and exercise your right as an American. (Oh, and if you're not an American, be sure to watch the candidates duke it out as the rest of the world waits to see how bone-headed/smart we are.)

No comments: