Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A very productive day

I actually got up early today. No yoga, but I did have a nice bath that put me in a good mood. I'd cooked macaroni and cheese last night and saved some for today, so I packed a lunch, made the bed, and did a few things around the house. So far it's staying very neat. I just finished doing a few dishes. I need to fold some laundry, but that's it.

I submitted a book review to a medical library journal today, five days before the deadline, yay. On the work front, there were several questions about equipment and I showed someone how to go through our annual computer-based training. I filled a couple of rush interlibrary loans. I was somewhat frustrated because one of the copiers needed its waste toner receptacle changed and when I checked the one bottle I thought I had was mislabelled and it turned out I had three of the one I didn't need, but none of the one I did. So I ordered some and it'll be here tomorrow morning, but in the meantime no one can make colour copies. :( On the other hand, it did scan, so I was able to fill the rush requests.

My mom and stepfather are stopping by in a little while. They're helping me out with my rent. Then I'll go get a money order and then to the leasing office to pay them. After that, at five, is work until ten tonight, and it's truck night with only two people. But afterwards I have a little time to work on my own projects--I don't go anywhere until I go pick a friend up from work at midnight. I put the laundry on the bed so I couldn't go to sleep without doing it. Of course, at this point it's probably moot. I did laundry during 'Heroes' on Monday and didn't really have a good place to fold clothes at the time.

Anyway, it's been a busy day and I haven't been sleepy as is my wont, even with a gloomy sky and cold. Here's hoping the rest of the day goes well.

No comments: