Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Always good to know the Air Force is on top of things

Well, except that whole live-warheads-over-your-hometown thing. Well, and I still wonder about Project Blue Book.

Wannabe Bond Villains' Last Line Of Defense

But what happens to the maintenance crew? Do they get trapped inside? Really, though, in defence spending terms, $10 million to secure the 450 Minuteman III silos is well worth it in my opinion, having spent a couple of years living in the midst of missile silos (I think ours were Titan II's, in Kansas) and another 10 or so on Air Force bases (read, Ground Zero for nuclear conflicts [a child of the Nuclear Age and Cold War, I didn't so much worry about surviving a nuclear war until I moved to Kentucky]).

But check into the plug if you plan on having a secret underground base from which to achieve world domination.

No comments: