Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Yipee!

I talked to both comp care and my psychiatrist and they're going to let me keep my appointments (which means I'll get my medicine, too) and let me pay later in the month when I can. That means I stay on track with my meds and therapy.

Okay, just for those of you who haven't been reading for awhile, and goodness knows, you're going, a shrink, should I hire her/give her the time of day, etc. I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I used to have major depression. I still have some anxiety issues, like social phobia and obsessive-compulsive disorder, but those are generally controlled by medication (although sometimes, like the chorus, I have to work up to dealing with large groups of people, I don't have trouble with small groups or one-on-one. I've even managed to teach classes and give presentations occasionally. :) I also have BPD, borderline personality disorder, but have undergone dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and am continuing in personal therapy, to help with issues like impulsivity, low self-esteem, and emotional dsyregulation.

Really, wouldn't you rather have someone working for you who was in therapy and was actually working on things, rather than someone in complete denial that there was anything wrong with her life? :D

No comments: