Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Okay, I put off laundry

one more day because I found clean khakis and sewed a tear in one of my clean shirts. Good to go, yes? Well, except wearing khakis during your period apparently tempts the universe's sense of humour, as I just found out that instead on going on the pad, my body miraculously bypassed all feminine protection and went straight to the khakis. What can I say, it's a talent. (Sorry if this grosses anyone out, but you women out there will understand). Sigh.

On the plus note, I work in a hospital, so I was able to borrow some scrub pants rather than go all the way home to change into anything else, which is also good since it's all dirty. So, the khakis get washed tonight like everything else. Fortunately I was able to attack the stain quickly and I don't think it will set.

On a brighter note, I scored a table yesterday that someone had put out. It's unfinished wood with a shelf and two wheels on one end (it's not missing any wheels, it's just supposed to have the two). It would make a really nice altar at some point, but for now it's holding my printer and some books on the lower shelf and I have some workspace next to my desk now with the top. It was in fine shape, just needed a quick cleaning. I moved one of the end tables to the dining room and now have a recycling cube on top with papers to keep or file on the lower shelf of that table, so it's helping with organisation. Now I have a place near the door for recycling junk mail.

Well that's it, just thought I'd check in and vent during lunch. Ta.

No comments: