Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 22, 2005

So full, so happy

Twice a year they have a birthday breakfast at work, where the managers fix omelets and serve you. Today was mine (my birthday's in April, but like I said, it's only twice a year) and I am now full of eggs, biscuits, potatoes, and all sorts of breakfast goodness. On the bad side, I had to get up early to go and then stuffed myself, so I'm a bit sleepy. But I don't start work for another half hour, so hopefully that will pass. And if you wonder why I stuffed myself, today's lunch will be peanut butter and bread, so I took full advantage of a free meal to get my day going.

Yesterday I finally did the laundry, and during that the maintenance guys came and fixed my air conditioner. Apparently rust had gotten into the system and plugged in to running over. It was easy to fix, just needing to be flushed out, but some went down onto the already wet clothes so now I had rust stains to tackle. Meanwhile, some workers building a retaining wall to take care of some drainage problems in the front of the apartment building hit a water line, so our building and the one next to it lost pressure. They hoped to get it back on in a couple of hours, but it actually came back on at 5:30 this morning (I woke up when the toilet filled). So it was an eventfull evening. But I managed to get some work done on the computer and did some yoga and meditation, so that was fine.

Oh, I've been doing yoga every morning and feel really good as a result. I love my Yoga A.M. tape with Rodney Yee. Actually, I love Rodney Yee. His voice is so soothing, and I must say he's a pleasure to look at as well. But he's also very clear in how to do the yoga postures.

Well, that's a quick update on my life. I'm going to check the news and then clock in when it's time. Today if I'm not super busy, I'm going to work on that chapter for the career book. I'm more than half-way finished, so I think I made good progress yesterday. I'll try to finish today and then send it off to be edited. I'm excited to be part of such a project, and of course, it's one more thing to add to my vita, which is filling up quite nicely with professional activities. It's amazing how much eight years' experience can change one. :)

Have a good day. Oh, and by the way, happy Autumn/Mabon or for those of you down under, Spring/Ostara. :)

No comments: