Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's a silly thing

but I felt left out, alone in a crowd of people, and I can't shake the feeling. I know it wasn't done on purpose. I'm not mad, but a little down, sitting back at my desk listening to "Annachie Gordon" by Loreena McKinnitt, which probably isn't helping my mood.

I just want to curl up and sleep in my bed, curled around my dog and cat, and have the world turn on its own without me for just a little while.

But I can already feel the mood lifting, so instead I'll do my work and go to my other job and probably even enjoy my day, because now that I've written of feeling down, I don't really feel it that much. Funny, that. Moods are strange and fickle. Just when you're ready to wallow they surprise you.

Now we're onto "Standing Stones", another tragedy, but oddly enough, cheering. You've got to love ballads of murder and death that are still cheery. I blame the music itself--it's upbeat and very undirgelike.

No comments: