Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Read a Burned Book for Banned Books Week (BBW)

Via The Heretical Librarian: FREADOM (Librarians Writers & Activists for Intellectual Freedom in Cuba & Around the World)

By the way, the Heretical Librarian does a good job of showing that we're not all a bunch of wooly-headed liberals (although admittedly, I am, but I already was, as opposed to being indoctrinated with the liberal agenda in library school). But even I think that the ALA is often too involved in politics. Of course, I'm not a member, since I have more reason to be a member of the Medical Library Association. I agree with some of what they do at ALA, and not others. But they have an excellent site on Banned Books Week. So...

For more information about Banned Books Week, check out the page dedicated to it at the American Library Association.

Hey, regardless of what political views librarians have, I think we can all agree that censorship is wrong, and banning and burning books is particularly wrong.

No comments: