Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Tonight I:

  1. Picked up a friend from work
  2. Helped him revise his résumé.
  3. Helped him apply for a part-time job on Indeed.com.
  4. Searched several businesses and job sites for other jobs.
  5. Helped work out something with his insurance.
  6. Gave him a couple of half-bottles of vitamins I had extra and fed him some homemade bread and shredded cheese.
  7. Took him to get some medicine.
  8. Dropped him off where he is staying.
  9. Took some papers to another friend's.
  10. Filled out the paperwork.
  11. Watched an episode of 'Mako Mermaids' with him.
  12. Visited for awhile.
  13. Called and checked on another friend who has rescued a duckling, which has imprinted on her bird dog. I'd like to see them cuddled up together.
  14. Took my friend to the grocery.
  15. Brought the groceries in so he could put them away, and also I helped with the heavier things.
  16. Found my heating pad, which he's borrowed.
  17. Was sent home with bread, homemade not-quite-right-but-edible bread, and creamy cucumber dressing.
  18. Found not one but two cups at home to take to YKWIA tomorrow.
  19. Made some burritos and ate them, along with the not-up-to-standards bread, with a little spreadable fruit, and some pretzel Goldfish crackers.
  20. Cooled off in air conditioning and drank cool water.
Now I'm ready to go to bed, I think; it's almost 1 am.
    Things to do tomorrow.
  1. Get up early and work on the kitchen.
  2. Take a book back to the library before it opens (it was due today).
  3. Go to a friend's at 11 am and help him with some things.
  4. Take him to an appointment and drop him off.
  5. Pick him up and take him home.
We did the grocery run tonight, so I don't think we need to go tomorrow, although they didn't have enough creamer quarts for the whole week. I may help him make some food tomorrow, too. Sunday isn't planned at all, beyond the normal cleaning. So anyway, I'll be doing some running around, but I may have a chance to do some stuff at home, too.

Okay, I'm going to go read and then it's on to bed. Good night!

No comments: