Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I say, that was easy

Now let's see how it comes out. The recipe called for 6 medium potatoes, I had 8 ranging from small to medium, and these are red-skinned. I like the skins, so I didn't peel them, I just washed them well and cut them into bite-sized pieces and put them in the oiled baking dish. Then I added a chopped Vidalia onion and two cloves of garlic, minced, and salt and pepper, covered it with foil. It's supposed to bake for an hour, and then bake some after without the foil. I just realised I was going to add the herbs, as well. Let me go do that!

Okay, I'm back. I added some parley and Italian herbs (sage, thyme, marjoram, and oregano), but no rosemary, which in retrospect would probably be tasty, but I'm not going to do that again right now. Besides, rosemary has to be used carefully--it can really overwhelm a dish, in my opinion. I want to take a nap, but I'm afraid of oversleeping and letting it burn. I think I will listen to some music and read, though. And the kitchen needs some attention now, too. :)

No comments: