Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I really dislike

that the catalogue and any sort of e-book service, etc., goes down every night at midnight for the Lexington Public Library. I realise that maintenance has to be done sometime, but why not the wee hours of the morning, rather than a time when many of us night owls are still up and wanting to access our account, or check out an e-book. :( Also, if I try to log in to the mobile application Freegal, it locks me out of my account permanently and I have to uninstall and then re-install the application. So I've learned not to do that. But I was browsing and really wanted to get a certain book on my Kindle, and then, gee, got the 'unexpected error' message. I was hoping to avoid that since I was technically on OverDrive's website at that point, but it tried to interface with the library servers to log in. The thing is, I've never figured out when the maintenance is over, either. I've tried as late as 1:30 am and it's still been messed up. Oh, well, I'll try to check it out during a decent hour, tomorrow.

No comments: