Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tonight was 'iZombie' night, but

the friend I was going to watch it had a headache and wasn't feeling well, so we let it record on the DVR and I rubbed his feet till he fell asleep. I'm hoping we can watch it sometime this week.

Today I have:
  1. Gotten up incredibly early in order to get my friend to an appointment
  2. Taken said friend to said appointment
  3. Forgotten to clock in the new way (I'm a test subject, and they decided to start this on the first day back from a holiday weekend, so I don't think I was the only one who forgot and totally ignored the signs. But I clocked out correctly.) :)
  4. Discovered that our hospital system has joined the Mayo Clinic Care Network. But we're still us. It's a partnership, not a takeover or merger. I'm still wrapping my head around it to understand exactly what that means.
  5. Managed to spill orange soda all over my desk during a web conference with the Kentucky Medical Library Association meeting that was in Louisville today. I'm so glad that I didn't have a camera and microphone at my desk. Mind you, I never spill cola or water. Just orange soda. I've had it there about three times in all the time I've been there, and I've spilled it twice. :(
  6. Went and got my allergy shots after work.
  7. Came home, watched 'Emergency!' while I ate, and then took a nap.
  8. Went over to my friends' house, watched a bit of The Sentinel with Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Eva Longoria, and Kim Basinger. Pilled a dog who was fine with a tiny pill in a bit of bread and peanut butter, but the big pill she just kept getting bits of the nummy stuff and spitting out the pill. I finally had to coat it in peanut butter, force it into her mouth and then make her lick my peanut-butter-covered fingers until she swallowed. But I got it down her. My hands still smell like peanut butter, though, even after being washed several times.
Okay, I've blogged quite a bit tonight. I didn't really do anything to the house tonight. Perhaps tomorrow? But I think I'll go ahead and get off the computer for now. Tomorrow I have an appointment in the late afternoon. We'll be exactly one week out from the class I'm teaching. Also, the Books are Fun book fair is coming to the hospital tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: