Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 25, 2015

Apparently

all I had to do to banish the desire to go back to bed was take a walk outside. It's beautiful--sunny, humid but not sticky, a lovely breeze, birds and squirrels about, people in the pool, that sort of thing. I took the fruit fly traps over to the Dumpster and got rid of them, since most of the flies are gone, and I didn't want to attract more. I also looked at the construction area nearby before getting my soda. They've taken the fence down for one of our tennis courts (there were two of them) and are going to build a fitness centre/laundry facility there. Yay! Although I do my laundry at my friends' house, a newer facility is good for when I can't get over there. Maybe it won't be in the basement, down the steep stairs. And while experience tells us I wouldn't use the fitness centre regularly, I'd like to give it a try, anyway.

So, inspired by the conditions outdoors, I came in, turned off the air conditioning, opened up the windows, and watered the plants inside and out. Now I have the radio on, which should also help. And it's still a little dark in the apartment (I get afternoon light), so I'm going to just turn the lights on so it's brighter in here. Okay, better to do it than write about it. :)

No comments: