Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 02, 2015

It's amazing to me

how difficult it is for me to do anything remotely related to conflict, even if I'm making a complaint to someone in authority rather than confronting an (unknown) person directly. We've had a car parked blocking our stairs for three days now. It was there on Thursday when I was home all day and hasn't moved since then. Now another car is (legitimately) parked in front of it and there is no room for laundry carts, trash bags, etc. between the two cars. I had been meaning to call the office today anyway (I think notes are just passive-aggressive, and can lead to parking wars), but watching people slide between the two cars finally got me to call, and when it was busy, I finally got up, got a shower, and walked over there. I talked to the leasing agent, someone I've spoken with before, gave her the colour, make of the car, and the licence plate number, my apartment building, and I showed her a picture of the car blocking the stairs. But my voice shook as I said it. It annoyed me, yes, that they did it, but I wasn't actually angry. No, my voice was shaking because I was essentially tattling on someone, and there was fear underneath that. Pathetic, I know. It's just something I have to work on, though. Emotionally I try to appease those in authority and make sure I don't piss off any one else, and there are just times when that doesn't fly. I would make an excellent, loyal dog. But I'm a person, with my own opinions, and I need to start having some confidence in myself. Anyway, the agent said she'd take note of it and if it were still there Monday they'd tag it for removal. In the meantime, I may have to get creative to get my laundry to my friends' house tomorrow. Right now you can walk around the side and back of the car, because there isn't one behind it, at least. But I doubt that will be the cast tomorrow morning.

I had a very slow morning. I just couldn't get up, and I want to go back to bed now. I didn't get to bed till 1 am last night, and I only got about 6-7 hours the night before, I think, since I had to get up early on Friday, but this is a little odd for me. I don't feel sick, just a little run down. I feel like I've been going and going and now my batteries have run down, even though I've had rest over the week and even had a day off. I need to work on the house and the game notes--and I have time, as A isn't supposed to call until he gets back from getting his hair cut so we can go to the grocery around 3 pm or so. But I'm just not feeling it.

No comments: