Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 07, 2013

A mix of good and bad today

On the bad side:
  • My really heavy-duty electric stapler died at work. Not happy with this model. I've been through two now. Will be going with one that is a lower page-count for stapling but a different brand and a better warranty.
  • I found out that the pharmacy made a mistake last time I got my Novolog Flexpen. The pen I had with me today was actually Novolog 70/30. Since I also take Lantus for long-acting insulin, they advised me against taking it (the 30 part of it is also a long-acting insulin). They had more on order and will have the right stuff tomorrow.
  • I was really tired when I got home. I'd had a 3:45 appointment and it took till six to see the doctor. I got out of there at 6:30. I really needed to go to the restroom, but the workers were cleaning them. Good thing I live five minutes away.
  • Not surprisingly, my blood sugar has been wonky today. I think it's time to give up carbs as much as possible. They've had free bagels at work the last few days and that's made it worse. I also really have to find a better way to remember all of my shots, to keep on schedule.
On the good side:
  • The doctor's office had a sample pen of normal Novolog in a Flexpen, so I do have my quick-acting insulin for the next day or so.
  • The doctor realised he had to up the number of pens he'd written the prescription for to cover me for a month.
  • I probably don't have a UTI. It could just be a factor of the diabetes. We're treating it, though, because I was drinking lots of cranberry juice, which can skew the test results, and have some pain in my back and lower abdomen.
  • I found out that the mistaken $10,000 hospital bill has been corrected. I now owe nothing. Yay!
  • It was payday, and our raise went into effect. It pretty much brings my pay back to where it was before those tax cuts were rescinded.
So, it was a mixed bag. But overall it was okay. Tomorrow is Friday and I'm very glad. I'll get my work done (and it's jeans day), go to the pharmacy, and beyond that I don't have plans. The weekend should be busy, but I don't have to do game notes, as they're already finished. Yay! Have a great night and a great end of the week. I'm going to take my nightly dose of Lantus and then head to bed, I think. Good night.

No comments: