Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Had a bit of a scare today

as someone bumped into my car from behind while I was stopped waiting for the car in front of me to parallel park. But there was no damage to either people or cars, so that was good. I am beginning to wonder if there is a large neon sign above my head that says 'hit me', considering I was hit by a car in October as a paedestrian (breaking my foot and ankle), sideswiped (thankfully without injury to car or people) right after I got the car, and now this. I really try to be very cognizant of what is happening around me when I'm driving, but every day I find myself driving defensively because the people around me are either distracted or don't really care that they're running red lights, disobeying all sorts of traffic laws, failing to yield or use signals, or generally just driving like madmen. I also think I'm one of the few persons on the planet not to engage their cell phone whilst driving, so maybe that's part of it. *Shakes head* Anyway, I'm alright, and thankful that the bump didn't do any damage.

No comments: