Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 29, 2013

Last night

my friends celebrated their 15th anniversary (congratulations!) with a nice dinner date. I was the ride, but didn't stay for dinner, as it was supposed to be couple time. So I went to Qdoba, which was nearby, and then hung out at Half-Price Books till they were ready (it's in the same shopping centre), where I escaped without getting any books, but bought a couple of CDs and DVDs. They were advertising a special on their DVDs for today, Saturday, and Sunday that you could get 20% off if you could fit them into their very roomy reusable bag. So I went back this evening and got some movies I really like and complete runs of 'Heroes' and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. In essence, I tripled my paltry DVD collection in one fell swoop. I went there especially because they had all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies up through New Nightmare as a collection, and I knew YKWIA was interested in those. He is the one who introduced them to me. They'll make a nice gift. I also found High Spirits, which we both love. I even picked up Australia, which I have not seen, simply because it has stunning costumes and I wanted to watch it. Hey, it was $3.99 before the discount; that's cheaper than renting. :) All in all, I got 13 movies and 4 complete series (the Nightmare collection also includes the TV series) for a total of 81 discs. I think I did pretty well, considering the price of new DVDs these days.

I've been in a good mood pretty much all day. I rode into work today and played one of the Kansas CDs I got the night before. I drove into the parking lot with 'Carry on My Wayward Son' turned up, it was sunny, and relatively warm. That sustained me most of the day. Then I spent some time with friends after work, went shopping, and now I'm home texting with Brandon. So it's been a good day. I'm off for the weekend, of course, and then on Monday and Tuesday (the latter of which is my birthday). The weather tomorrow is supposed to be great. Sunday (Easter) is supposed to be soggy. Then it goes downhill from there. We may actually get snow on my birthday. I really wonder if spring is ever coming.

No comments: