Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I know they meant this to be educational

but how come the ones bibbling in the corner or hesitating to take action in these things are always women? In this film by the Department of Homeland Security on how to survive an active shooting episode, a man leads his fellow co-workers to safety, a woman hides herself, and a group of people prepare to fight back, but one of the women is crying and useless and another is having to expend her efforts to keep her quiet. My point is, we all have moments of indecision or fear. Granted, men don't tend to fall apart emotionally because of gender expectations, but women don't necessarily do so, either. I would have liked to see a woman leading an indecisive man out from under his desk to safety, at least. But I'll let you decide:



That said, I do think they did a decent job with the video in terms of their tips and the information conveyed.

No comments: