Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 14, 2013

So today

I got a couple of low-carb vegetarian cookbooks and Kitrics nutrition label scale from Amazon, and I'm looking on the scale's box and it says:
    Ideal for:
  • Portion control
  • Medical requirements
  • Type A personalities
So I tell YKWIA about it, and I ask if I'm a type A personality. His response? No, you're just OCD. Which is true, of course. :) I'm hoping it will give me a better idea of portions, since I tend to eat more at home in the evening than I do all day. The scale weighs food in grams or ounces, but also if you put a code in, it will give you the same types of nutritional information as you find on the label of prepared foods. Wish me luck. Also, one of the cookbooks is British and gives a lot of its measurements in grams. It also has recipes for courgettes, which in America we call zucchini, that sort of thing. Fortunately I watch enough of BBCAmerica that I know that. :)

I just came home at 11 pm and I'm pretty tired, so I'll turn in for the night. Take care, and have a lovely tomorrow.

No comments: