Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 15, 2012

That was completely satisfying

I was looking around for something for lunch, I saw that I still had some of that jalapeño salad YKWIA made. It has two jalapeños, some regular peppers, corn, black beans, and cilantro, and who knows what else. It's very good, but pretty hot, and the heat has increased over the intervening days to where even my taste buds have a little trouble. Then I looked up a shelf in my refrigerator. Eggs!

So I scrambled some eggs with a little half and half and when they got mostly cooked, included a good proportion of the salad, and finished cooking it all, and then ate it and it was wonderful. I'm also having some coffee, since the Coke machine is out of Diet Coke and I finished up the diet cranberry juice I had this morning. I'll finish the rest of the day with plain water, I guess. I'm drinking from one of my X-Files mugs that says 'the truth is out there' and then, when hot liquid is in it, says 'trust no one'. :)

I've talked on the phone and texted this morning, so I haven't actually gotten much reading done. It's not a work of fiction, actually, but something called Death in the City of Light: The Serial Killer of Nazi-Occupied Paris by David King. I have it out of the library on my Kindle. Speaking of the library, I have a book ready to pick up over there, so I may venture out later, since it's not too far. I still may get a phone call from my co-worker about those tables.

No comments: