Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 08, 2012

So I'm up and doing that load of laundry

It's raining at a heavy pace outside. It was light when I went over with the clothes, moderate when I came back, meaning I got rather wet, moderate when I went back to put them in the dryer (but this time I brought the umbrella), and now it's pouring. But we need it, so I'm not going to complain. Even my pepper, which is under a covered porch and up next to the window, is getting watered (although I did do that yesterday just to be sure). I'm glad I got the clothes in the dryer before it started raining cats and dogs.

Although I'm up, I've been running back and forth between the laundry room, so no ability to concentrate and do the notes yet. That may have to be an evening thing after all. I petered out completely yesterday by about 8:30 or 9, which is expected on a Friday, but I wish I'd stayed up.

Also, a friend called while I was asleep and I can't call him back until closer to 9 am so I don't wake them too early, but I was going to leave shortly after 9, so there will be a small window of opportunity. Of course, if it's raining like this, I may wait a bit before going. I'm not on a definite timeframe, but the earlier I get there, the earlier I get home, you know. Or at least it sometimes works that way.

The clothes have another 25 minutes to go. I'm going to go over there a little early though, because it's a fairly small load. Got the stain out of my jeans, which was nice, and might not have if I'd let it sit too long. Once I get the clothes back, I'll take a quick shower, make that call to make sure I don't need to bring anything else, and then collect everything and head out. Have a great day.

No comments: