Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

I'd kind of like to go

I get a Kentucky literary calendar in my e-mail monthly and this month's said that Cory Doctorow and Charles Stross are coming to Joseph-Beth Booksellers tomorrow evening for a book signing and discussion of The Rapture of the Nerds. I haven't read it, but I am making my way through Stross' Laundry Files series and while I haven't read Doctorow's books, I've read his commentary on the web. He was listed as one of the Web's top 25 influencers by Forbes magazine, and his commentary often comes up on library lists.

Unfortunately, I have no funds to buy the book, and hence get a ticket to go. But it sounds like it might be interesting. So by all means, if you're interested, it's 7 pm, Wednesday, September 5th. From Charlie Hughes' Kentucky Literary Newsletter: 'This is a ticketed event. Line tickets are free and available with the purchase of The Rapture of the Nerds, available September 4th, at Joseph-Beth Booksellers. Vouchers for the book are available now and come with a ticket. Gives Back Members will have a limited opportunity to meet the Authors first.'

No comments: