Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 25, 2011

This time I'm blogging from the library

I'm also picking up a book I'd had on hold; I had a sneaking suspicion that it might be in (they call my home line, which piggybacks off the cable, so no phone service at home, either). It's called The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma. It looked interesting. I'm also looking forward to a book that I saw advertised with the Science Fiction Book Club called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Three branches of the library at least are acquiring it, so I may wait till then. The Kindle edition is less than a dollar less than the hardcover at Amazon, which seems a bit wrong.

Right now I'm reading Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris. I have her Sookie Stackhouse books, but not the Harper Connelly ones. I've had that book out of the library I don't know how many times, but never seem to really get into it, even though I enjoyed the series. I don't think it's the book, it's just a time thing. But I have a little more time now than I would if I were hanging around on the Internet, so I figured I'd get some reading in.

The plan tonight is to go home, eat a little bit, and read for awhile. I'll also wash what few dishes I've got in the sink (mainly three salad bowls, since Brenda had brought some wonderful veggies and they've been very welcome. I think I'll check the news and weather (I forgot my umbrella at work, so hopefully we don't have more rain in the forecast, although I think I have a golf-sized one at home), see if anything is blogworthy and write that, and then make one pass at the library to see if anything strikes my fancy.

Hope you're having a good start to the week.

No comments: