Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A veritable garden

I brought home some of my plants from work today: four African violets, one spider plant, a jade plant, and two orchids. My violets have not bloomed in awhile and I thought a sunnier location might help. Anyway that brings the total to eighteen plants in the house, the aforementioned plus a hoya, and umbrella plant, a lemon balm, two types of thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, and lavender. That leaves a purple shamrock, zygocactus, and a ruffled-leaved African violet given to me by a co-worker which has recently doubled in size at the office. I also have three avocado pits I'm considering suspending in water; I have the jars and toothpicks, and the pits. I also moved my lighted ionising fountain to the living room, took the stand that has drawers and was in front of the bedroom window and put in by the bed, and put several of the plants on two wire racks next to the window. While I was at it, I cleaned up around the computer. I'm running the fountain (with a little lavender oil in the water) right now. It's next to the comfy chair for when I need a little relaxation.

For now, though, I have no intention of going to the comfy chair, or to bed for that matter. Despite my lack of sleep last night, I'm not particularly tired or sleepy. I guess the caffeine last night, coupled by a bit today, has kept me going. Getting 12 hours of sleep on Monday and Tuesday night probably didn't hurt, either.

I will probably go to bed early tonight, though, because I have physical therapy at 7:30 in the morning. For now, I've eaten, and I'm considering starting the game notes early. Saturday I have several errands to run. But for now I'm going to check the news for just a moment and my e-mail. I'll probably write a bit before heading to bed.

No comments: