Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 29, 2011

I did eventually succumb

First to the comfy chair, then to bed. I'm up briefly to take my insulin and set my alarm for tomorrow.

The Gentle Alarm thing worked really well this morning, despite my lack of sleep. I woke up right before the main alarm, so apparently the 'pre-alarm' brought me out of a deeper sleep enough to surface on my own.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. There's PT, of course, and then I'll probably go in a little early, like I did this morning. Tomorrow is jeans day. We're supposed to wear green or red if possible because its the annual Hillbilly Christmas in July, but I don't think I have anything cool enough in either colour, so I may just wear my Starkweather-Moore Antarctic Expedition shirt (it's a Cthulhu Game reference).

My co-workers have been watching out for me with the heat. This afternoon my boss' boss called me. Not only did she offer me a ride home tonight, but she'd asked someone else who sometimes gives me rides about Friday, so that's covered. I really appreciate it. Although it's been hot in the morning, it's nothing compared to waiting for a bus in the afternoon during a heat advisory/warning.

Okay, I'm going to go back to bed. Have a good night.

No comments: