Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 24, 2011

Good to be home

Just got in, ate something, called about a couple of prescriptions (one of which didn't transfer when I changed pharmacies) and updated my Java and Flash Player, along with taking Firefox up to version 5.0. All that took about fifteen minutes.

I feel pretty well, and not particularly sleepy, which is good given the fact that I've been up since 5 in the morning. I got out to South Broadway, accidentally got off a bus stop ahead of where I meant to, and then proceeded down to Rite-Aid. I signed up for one of their cards (does anyone NOT have a loyalty card these days?) because a 500 count bottle of generic ibuprofen was only $6.99 (regularly almost $20, and even the 100 count was more expensive). I went down to the MRI place, went through the paperwork, and got taken back promptly. They were very nice. I would highly recommend Lexington Diagnostic. They were happy with my choice of clothes; I only had to take my bra off due to the hook and eye closures in the back. They gave me earplugs, put my neck in a sort of cradle, stuffed lots of foam in to isolate my neck, and then put something that completed the ring around my neck and that was a little confining. It was an open MRI, but it can still get a bit close, but they put a fan on and that really helped, since I had fresh air circulating. I really appreciated it. The whole thing took about a half hour, less time than when I had my brain done. It's somewhat hard for me to lie still for that amount of time, but I did okay. A certain amount of vibration kind of made my neck and arms ache afterwards, and I was glad to get out of there, but it was okay.

I came out to get my satchel and put my bra back on and found that the locker was screaming. That would be the ringtone I promised to put on my phone for my friends. I talked briefly with one of them and consequently missed the bus by about two minutes. Since I had 70 minutes before the next one, I headed down to Waller Center (it used to be Imperial Plaza), intending to have Backyard Burger when it hit me that the Great Wall Chinese restaurant, my favourite in town and home of Tofu Goodness (also known as sesame tofu, which is fried tofu with a sesame sauce and broccoli) was also in the shopping centre. So I went there. I'm used to carryout and eating it at home (at least when I had a car), but I had it nice and fresh and probably burned my tongue three times on the tofu, it was so hot, but it was wonderful. The only trouble was I forgot to take my insulin until I got to work. I do that sometimes when I'm out and eat.

I only did the library stuff for about a couple of hours, since I didn't get into work until a little after noon. Then it was data entry. I left just a bit early.

I'm taking off next Friday so I can have a four-day weekend, and so we're going to have my backup person do the entries that day. She'll sit with me sometime next week to refresh her memory, and this will be a trial run in case I take vacation or am sick.

Okay, I have to get something done for a friend. I'll try to write later. Take care.

No comments: