Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 17, 2011

I walked again today

Not quite as far, but faster, and I didn't feel quite as good afterwards, but not bad, either. Today was quite productive, and I got information for both my boss and her boss, which is always good in terms of proving your position's worth. Once I got home I took a small nap, and the sky went from gorgeous sunshine to a dull metal grey. Tomorrow there are supposed to be scattered thunderstorms. I hope I can do my errands between them.

I just sat down and paid some bills, so I am decidedly poorer than I was an hour ago. But hey, I get phone, internet, and electricity, and that's a good thing.

So now I have to decide what to do with the rest of my evening. I don't have to do game notes this week, as I finished last time's last Saturday and we didn't play on Sunday. I don't really feel like crawling through the news feeds and blogging, to be honest, or watching television. That leaves working on the house or reading. Although I should probably do the former, I'm thinking about reading something less fluffy and more brain-inspiring, such as the Thoreau my friend gave me. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm up to a lot of thinking, either. Since one of the errands tomorrow is getting groceries, I may go ahead and look through some cookbooks for recipes for real food, rather than the easy-to-microwave snacks and dorm food I make, so I can come up with a shopping list. I have decided that one thing I plan to do with that credit from Kroger is to get a stock pot so I can make soup. YKWIA is going to give me the recipe for the one we made together a couple of weeks ago. It was very easy, but very nummy. Maybe there is hope for my learning to cook after all. :)

I may write again later. If not, have a good night and a good weekend.

No comments: