Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A sure sign you're getting old

I fell asleep by 9:30 tonight (pretty good for me, actually) and slept through two alarms until I was awoken just before 1 am by a young woman with a sweet voice asking for someone who doesn't live here--and I'm afraid I was a bit grumpy when I told her it was a wrong number. I wasn't impolite (heavens, no, I'm Southern, after all), I just inflected this slightly grandmotherly tone that admonished her all the same.

When did I get a grandmotherly tone? And when did I stop staying up till 1 am? Ack.

I suppose I should be thankful she called; I need to take my Lantus insulin. And the fish needed feeding. So now the question is to stay up or to go back to bed immediately? Since I still have game notes and therefore should get up at a reasonable hour, I'm leaning towards the latter, but just now I'm not sleepy (I guess the adrenaline from coming in from the other room to answer the phone kicked in.) And it's time to take more ibuprofen.

I'll check the news and then head back. If I see something blog-worthy I'll post, otherwise, good night.

No comments: