Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This walking thing might just be the ticket

I feel so much better doing it, I don't get sleepy in the afternoon, so can concentrate on my work, and I'm not as hungry. I'm wondering if I can go for a walk in my neigbourhood each morning, eventually, and then walk on break at work. One of my co-workers has said she might be able to go with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And if I can get to where I'm more active, I might add the stationary bike in the evenings. That's the plan, anyway. That, as well as eating less, could really impact my weight, but even if not, it would at least make me feel better.

I think the increased dose of ibuprofen is helping take the inflammation down from where my nerves are impinged at the neck. I've had much less pain today, so long as I'm careful with my arm, and I've had better feeling in it, less numbness. I looked at the bus schedule today for Friday's MRI. Because the South Broadway bus is a seventy-minute schedule, I have to get up at 7, leave here by 7:20, get to the bus stop by 7:40, and I'll be at the diagnostic centre about 8:35. My appointment isn't until 9:30, but the next bus doesn't go by until 9:45. I'm not sure what I'll do for that hour, as I doubt any of the shops on Waller will be open yet, and otherwise there's just St Joseph hospital over there.

Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and do some laundry, as I need clothes clean that have no metal in them. Getting off my Medic-Alert bracelet on Friday is going to be a pain to do--I think I'll enlist the tech to help if I can. At least it's on the arm that I'm having trouble with and not the other. I've had a bit of a sleep (as opposed to a nap) this evening, so I think I should be able to swing 5 am. I also need to do some light housework.

Hope you have a good night.

No comments: