Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Yesterday

for their free application of the day, Amazon.com had the new Android version of 'Plants vs. Zombies' for download. Since I'd heard great things about it, I got it, but then realised it was a wi-fi download only because it's a big file. I don't normally have access to wi-fi--my house is not wireless, and with the bus I couldn't just drive somewhere that had one. I got off the bus about 9:40 pm, and I after taking some items to the book drop, I decided to try standing outside the closed library and use their wi-fi to download it. It was a poor signal, but it did work, although it took about 20 minutes to download. Thank goodness the police didn't come up to ask why I was loitering. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my phone--it goes to a blank screen, maybe plays music, and then shuts down. :( At least I didn't pay for it.

Today's free program was Pac-Man. I got that and it's fun, although on my phone the very top doesn't show up properly, probably because I have a smaller screen than most Android phones. But since I know what they look like, I can get around it. Still, these are the first two I've had any real trouble with.

The one game I can't figure out at all is Abduction 2. Yeah, I know you move the phone back and forth to make the cow hit the various levels to jump on. I only knew that from watching a review on YouTube, though. I didn't see any real help, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. The point is, I suck at that game, majorly. Even on the kids' level I fall, I just don't die because it's the kids' level. I've made it through one level on the classic mode. But I get a bit better each time. I'm up to the 65th level of a bubble shooting game, though. :) I only have a few games on the phone; most of the applications are actually useful things.

No comments: