Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The end to a satisfying day

Today was a productive day, both at work and afterwards. I woke up at 6:45 am, having gone to bed just about as soon as I got home last night at 7:30. I got quite a few things accomplished at work, and then Brenda came and got me so we could do the big grocery run since we didn't go Sunday. I have about $3 in my bank account till Thursday so I used the Rx rewards Kroger gives for transferring prescriptions and got $25 in food (and toilet paper, yay for that) free. Then I got a free meal, a double fish sandwich combo from McDonalds, something I haven't had in about a year. Then Brenda and I stayed awhile and visited, since we hadn't gotten together on Sunday. It looks like some of our characters that rarely get play will have a mission next time, a challenging scenario (fortunately not a campaign, but still, some stories are harder than others, and this one sounds like it may be).

My blood sugar's done pretty well today, probably because I was able to space out my meals better. I feel better, too.

So now I'm home and thinking about getting ready for bed. I downloaded a live wallpaper for my phone (something I don't really use much, as it drains the battery), but I'm a sucker for aquarium scenes and it has clown fish and other sea animals on it, so I have it when I'm in the mood for it, and of course, it was free.

My arm's just aching tonight, probably from bringing in my friends' groceries, and then leaning on the table while we were visiting. I should probably take some ibuprofen before I go to bed. Changing the mouse to the left side at work has helped, though. It balances what I do with the data entry between my left hand on the mouse and my right hand on the number pad. Apparently people are amazed that I can use the left, being right-handed, but I'm fairly close to ambidextrous (I can write slowly, if coherently, with my left hand, but it takes effort, but do a lot of other things with the left). I find that I'm just a tad slower on the data entry, but it makes me focus on what I'm doing better, too, so that's good. I do still try to put my right hand on the mouse though, even though the tray and pad are no longer there, so I just wind up pawing the air. :)

Okay, I think I'll turn in. Tomorrow I'll try to actually blog some things I've been e-mailing myself for just that purpose. I hope you have a good night.

No comments: