Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 03, 2010

I'm downtown at the Central Library

So far I have:
  1. Enjoyed a funnel cake.
  2. Watched belly dancing.
  3. Gone to a petting zoo (and taken lots of pictures of goats for YKWIA. I also tried to keep a goat from eating the cone of a snow cone a child had given it, but to no avail. I hope it's okay.)
  4. Wandered through various informational booths, shops, and the like. There seems to be more food vendors and music than anything else this year, but that may just seem the way because the stuff that is normally down Vine Street has been moved.
  5. Gotten some food from Subway. (Seemed cheaper than the vendors.)
  6. Checked out a copy of The Lovely Bones DVD since I'm off tomorrow.
  7. Found a book called Hiding in the Mirror: The Mysterious Allure of Extra Dimensions, from Plato to String Theory and Beyond by Lawrence M Krauss.
The parade is in about a half-hour, then I think I'm going home. It's okay (and the weather is exceptional), but there have been better years. Still, the goats and llamas were fun. :)

No comments: