Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My apologies to Penguin Books (and thanks)

When I first got my Kindle, I checked on the Dresden Files series and the books weren't text-to-speech enabled. Now they are. I don't know if something changed, if there was a mistake, if I misread something, or my bitching helped, but the ones I've looked at are, now. Woo-hoo. I prefer the option. Also, I've had two books out from the library that I just haven't been able to progress with that I've broken down and gotten via Kindle: All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris (one of the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries) and Dead Beat by Jim Butcher, one of the Dresden Files.

I also stopped by the library and got three CDs to listen to, and put a hold for Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I figure stories that start out as books are normally better in that form than the motion pictures modelled after them; it seemed intriguing. (Conversely, stories that start out as movies are often better than their novel adaptations.)

I almost forgot to tune into WUKY 91.3 to listen to an old friend on 'Curtains @ 8'. He's playing music from his CD at Mia's downtown tomorrow night at 8 pm. If you like Irish music, you should come. The CD is I Bhfad ó Bhaile (Far From Home). I am somewhat amused by how Nick Lawrence, who has a rich radio voice, pronounces 'Liam'. 'Course, I pronounce it 'Bill', because that was the form of William he was using back then. :)

Anyway, that's where I'll be tomorrow, and I promise not to play in traffic this time!

No comments: