Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 05, 2010

Hope you had a nice July 4th weekend

This is what I got to see (well, a bit of it). Every year the Idle Hour country club does a show, and since I work at the hospital, I can park in the parking lot, and the hospital is right across the road. It's a big event with lots of people out on the front lawn. This year I didn't have a car, but Brandon and Angenette just got a van and we made plans to go. Their 18-month-old was quite taken with me, and a little girl about the same age kept coming up to me, too. Angenette doesn't understand why I wouldn't want children, especially as I seemed to be a kid magnet. I pointed out it was kind of like people who are allergic to cats get the brunt of cat love. That brought some laughs. Anyway, the fireworks were wonderful. The grand finale was the great, and the fireworks hung in the air, big and beautiful, as if right on top of us. It was probably the best of the Idle Hour fireworks I've been to. It's my camera, so I'm sure there could be better shots, but enjoy anway.

No comments: