Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm home at a decent hour!

Yay! Tomorrow I'm off at the library to go to a doctor's appointment (I'll have to get up very early), and then I have to go to work at the gas station until 10 pm. :( But on the other hand, I've been working short shifts at the store and I'm due for a longer one. Then it's back to short ones, or at least relatively short ones. Thursday's 6-9, Saturday 9-4, then Tuesday and Wednesday are 3-7. Not too bad. I just hope the new people work out okay.

Today I went to see my nurse practitioner about my meds. He's raised the ADHD medication half again to see if it will help with my focus.

Otherwise it's been an uneventful few days. It's very hot, they're saying it'll be 97 degrees by Wednesday. I have no air conditioning in the car (it got disconnected when they put the engine in or something), but at least the house is cool. It's awfully sticky outside.

Anyway, here's a quiz--one of these days I may even get a PhD, even if I have to do it as a Donovan's Scholar (it's a programme at the local university that allows seniors to go for free).

You Should Get a PhD in Liberal Arts (like political science, literature, or philosophy)

You're a great thinker and a true philosopher.
You'd make a talented professor or writer.


I'm going to go rest for awhile. 'Night

No comments: