Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 06, 2004

the friday five

listening to: 'Hotel California' by the Eagles
feeling: Perky


1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Staying out nearly all night when no one knew where I was, having sex. With a girl. Turns out that the police were out looking for me when alarmed friends didn't know where I was, even though I wasn't gone long enough to be officially missing. Why? They were told I didn't drink, didn't go out to bars, had no reason to be out, but they just thought my friends were over-reacting. Then they were told that I was a librarian, and apparently this jogged both the UK and Lexington police to decide I must have met with foul play. Actually, I think I almost got killed over that one, once I actually came home.

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of? Belly dancing.

3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle) Is there a -1? Actually, I'm probably around a 2 or 3.

4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky? Gaining independence by leaving a relationship.

5. ... and what's the worst? Getting into the relationship in the first place.

Who needs bungee jumping when you have social interaction? It doesn't come easily to me, and it sends my adrenaline up if it's an unfamiliar situation. Ah, the fun of social phobia.

No comments: