Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Busy weekend

listening to: 'Superman' by Five for Fighting
feeling: Happy

I've had a full day (including an I've-fallen-and-I-wasn't-sure-I-could-get-up moment, but except for being sore and bruised and maybe having a twisted knee, I think I'm okay. Doing the splits is never fun. I've managed it several times in my life, none of them planned. You must think I'm a total klutz. Really, I'm just a partial one. I hit some very smooth concrete with snow on it and just went down for now good reason. I blame the chicken spirits, but that's a whole other story). So now I'm catching up on a few things before going to bed. It's nice to be home and warm and comfy. I found some nice thick socks to add to the comfy sweatpants and shirt to help keep me warm. I've always been one of those people who couldn't abide anything on my feet (I rebelled against footed sleepwear as a child by crawling onto the floorboards or even wandering outside to get cool), but lately I guess the temps are down enough to cause even me problems.

I am so ready for spring. I want to plant flowers, listen to birds, fly my kite, and just bask in renewal. Can we fast-forward just a bit? I did finally remember the bird seed I'd bought at the beginning of winter and filled up the feeders. I'm sure the birds have exhausted a lot of autumn's bounty by now. It's also great entertainment for the cats, who chitter at the feathered foragers. It's sort of like cat TV.

Well, I don't really have anything earth-shattering to report today. I've had IBS issues, but I'm now armed with more Bentyl, so that should help. I mostly visited friends and did some cleaning, went out for Chinese food, and then went for coffee at Jo-Beth. I was out for about 12 hours, though, and I'm going to try to spend a little time tomorrow at home.

My mom and John dropped off some paperwork for me, and I'm sorry I missed them. I've got to figure out a good time to head home for a day and visit people.

I really love today's Unshelved...guys in librarianship, much like male nurses, are assumed to be gay or just non-existent, poor things. As a result, most male librarians I've met are...slightly quirky...as a result. :) Of course, poor Dewey has yet another problem--like many cartoon people, he only has three fingers and a thumb. Why do cartoonists do that? It's a technique you see a lot, and it bothers little OCD me. Does it get anyone else, or am I over-analysing again?

No word yet on the LPL job, but it looks like it's still open and I'm still in the running. I'm thinking they'll probably let people know about the same time Dwana finds out if she's pregnant. Here's hoping for good news for both of us. :)

No comments: