Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 21, 2003

I came up with this a few days ago...



    What do I want in my life?
  • To learn
  • To be secure but not ostentatious (in my standard of living)
  • To have good friendships
  • To explore spirituality
  • To explore creativity
  • To be healthy (mind, soul, body)

    How can I go about achieving these?
  • To take every opportunity--reading, classes, and experience--to learn
  • To find a job adequate to support me, my animals, a small house, and savings in a sustainable, relatively simple lifestyle that is kind to earth and society
  • To foster my current friendships and keep working on my social skills
  • Learn, practise, read whatever I can to get in touch with my faith; rekindle daily meditations
  • Write, draw, sculpt, perhaps take a class here and there and continue to play in our weekly game
  • Exercise and diet in moderation, take my medicine, see a doctor regularly, foster my mental health, and face the reality of my diabetes and its implications.


Not bad, really--and except for the security, I'm doing pretty well. These are the things most important to me. What is important to you?

No comments: